Welcome to our blog!

This blog is about our adventure of a lifetime in the Tundra of western Alaska. We hope you enjoy your visit!

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Shopping in Bethel



 I brought my camera shopping today, so I can share with you all how very lucky you are. :P  I mostly showed things that you all buy every so often so you can be more comparable.


Large jar of peanut butter, $14. 15!

Block of velveeta cheese, $12.99

I was actually shocked about this one.  This is only 4 (100 calorie) packages of popcorn, $11.39!!!

Ruffles chips, $8.29

This is a fun one.  The cans on the left is pie cherries, per can, $9.15!  The jar on the right is mincemeat for pies, $11.59 per jar!

I think is an 8 pound bag of sugar, $14.39

Flour, 10 pound bags, $18.65

1 box of cornflakes, $7.59

1 Lb. Jimmy Dean sausage, $7.15

1 gallon of milk, $8.19!!!

1 block of cheese, $13.49

And because of these, I'm very grateful I went on shopping sprees for canned vegetables before we left.  For a can of corn, $2.55 each!

Same for the green beans.

And this is a fun one.  For one of those tiny cans of Campbell tomato soup, $3.25... For ONE can.

One can of chili?  $3.89.  :)

Knowing that people will ship stuff to us for the cheaper cost of the item located where they're at, priceless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment