Welcome to our blog!

This blog is about our adventure of a lifetime in the Tundra of western Alaska. We hope you enjoy your visit!

Friday, September 21, 2012

Summer's over!

Today's September 21, and the last day of September.  We really don't have fall up here, so we're quickly sliding into winter!  The weather people are already predicting snow showers next Friday (one week from today).  It sounds about right, because we did get a light snow last year at the beginning of October.  It didn't stick, but it was definitely there.

Last year, it was interesting when we had our first snows.  At the hospital, the lobby has a large area of windows and a lot of people, natives and transplants were out in the lobby, watching the snow come down, as if they had never seen it before.  It was kind of nice to see people take pleasure in something so simple!

I'm really looking forward to the snow this winter.  Everything looks so much cleaner and fresher.  No allergies or mosquitos or mosquito bites.  It's a nice time of year! :)

This is from July, when the mosquitoes really came out.  We had so many mosquitoes in the house, I was going crazy!  I woke up in the morning with these two bites on my face (one in my eyebrow) and about 8 others on me.  So I hunted mosquitoes that day with my bug zapper and killed something like 20 of them in the house that day. I'm so relieved that they're gone now that it's too cold for them!


No comments:

Post a Comment