Welcome to our blog!

This blog is about our adventure of a lifetime in the Tundra of western Alaska. We hope you enjoy your visit!

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Chena Hot Springs

I've never been nor actually seen any hot springs.  It was such an interesting experience!  The first two pictures were taken by someone else because we didn't want to risk water damage to our camera.
The first one is what it's like without the steam.  The pool was soo warm, it felt like a hot tub to me, but the water spraying out the top felt so much cooler, even though it came from the same place.

 When we went in, the steam was so thick, you couldn't see a person more than 10 feet away from you.  We hung out there for a half hour, then went to the inside pool to cool off, which reminded me of Mom's pool and made me miss hanging out there in the summertime!

 These machines are for tours in the wintertime.  The second one, on the right has seats you can see in the windows.  I bet that's a beautiful tour!

I made sure to be very aware. LOL, I didn't want a bear sneaking up on me, but we didn't have any sightings.

No comments:

Post a Comment